I am going to do something I have never done before, quote Joseph Stalin,
The point is that Marxism and anarchism are built up on entirely different principles, in spite of the fact that both come into the arena of the struggle under the flag of socialism.
The cornerstone of anarchism is the individual, whose emancipation, according to its tenets, is the principal condition for the emancipation of the masses, the collective body.
According to the tenets of anarchism, the emancipation of the masses is impossible until the individual is emancipated. Accordingly, its slogan is: “Everything for the individual.” The cornerstone of Marxism, however, is the masses, whose emancipation, according to its tenets, is the principal condition for the emancipation of the individual.
That is to say, according to the tenets of Marxism, the emancipation of the individual is impossible until the masses are emancipated. Accordingly, its slogan is: “Everything for the masses.”
About the only thing I disagree with here is that anarchism is “under the flag of socialism” in a true anarchy words like capitalism, socialism and communism are adjectives, not systems of control. We can’t expect that one of the greatest tyrants of history would understand such things though.
It does come down to this, and I would like to replace the word marxism in this quote with statism and state it myself with far less words as follows…
According to statism, the emancipation of the individual is impossible until the masses are emancipated. While according to anarchism, the emancipation of the masses is impossible until the individual is emancipated.
This I believe is your choice, a belief that people as a whole may be declared free or people as individuals must declare themselves free.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- My actual quote from episode 137 on the rifle and the ballot box (link)
- This is the same message I gave as a libertarian in #137 (other than false hope)
- The lesson of the Trump/Sanders stories
- The 5 Stages of Grief
- Why individual succession is our only answer
- Most people don’t want freedom
- No one can free you, it is all up to you
- It is the only thing you actually control
- How to create individual freedom
- Start with metal freedom
- Decide for yourself what you want to know
- Don’t deceive yourself into thinking you control that which you don’t
- Define your version of success and shoot for that
- Become economically literate
- Put yourself and your family first
- Drop any adherence to blind patriotism
- Know the difference between responsibilities and excuses
- Final thoughts
- An unfair system is not an excuse for inaction
- You can’t change society but you can change yourself
- You are a human being, your life matters, don’t waste it
- Be the wolf!
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1742
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Exert I Played from 137 Today
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.