Preppers, survivalists, call us what you want but the media makes us all out to be tin hat conspiracy theory obsessed loons. But what if I told you that being prepared is the only responsible action you can take as an adult in the modern world.
If you have a family this should be beyond obvious. You are responsible for making sure your children are fed, warm and as comfortable as possible in any given circumstances. If you loved your spouse enough to pledge your life to them, do you owe them the concern for their life long safety and well being as well?
What if you are single, no one to worry about? Well if you are stranded, stuck, hurt, hungry, fill in the blank in a bad time, you are going to end up using resources that others might need.
The honest truth is we should all see preparedness as a a basic civic responsibility. I am so sick of hearing how strong America is. It always comes down to our military. That is like me claiming I am great at football because my favorite team has won 6 Super Bowls, it is just plain stupid.
Our nation is dramatically weak right now. If we were ever to experience terrorism say the way it was in Northern Ireland during “the troubles”, we would literally shut down. During super storm Sandy, people in good neighborhoods were dumpster diving for food only 48 hours into the disaster, 48 hours and willing to eat garbage.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Yes you have rights, you also have responsibilities
- How weak is America today
- A lesson from the shooting of an Ohio firefighter yesterday
- What would happen if 2 guys just began starting fires here and there
- What will our nation look like if 20 million people lose their jobs
- Imagine how much damage could be done with phyical attacks on the grid
- The Basics of being prepared…
- It all starts with a specific mindset
- Emergency fund, 1000 dollars, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days
- Black Out Kits and Bug Out Kits
- A pantry at least 30 Days Deep
- Water storage
- Basic first aid kits (home and car) and basic training
- Some form of back up power and lighting
- Reserve fuel
- Emergency Heating Options
- Documentation and Evacuation Folders
- Security Protocol and Procedures in Place
- A Health and Sanitation Plan
- Materials and Tools for Basic and Emergency Repairs
- Knowledge and Skills – the most important of them all
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1911
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop on Amazon
- Savage 1907 45ACP on Forgotten Weapons
- Episode 148 Bug Out Planning and Documentation
- Song of the South – Alabama
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.