The title of today’s show is of course a play on the statement, “if you don’t like the weather in _____, wait a minute and it will change”. I always find it ironic when visiting a new place that many people that live there seem to think that saying is unique to where they live.
The truth is that is pretty universal in any temperate climate and so is a shifting and changing world. The world of today is far different than the world of the 1950s, we all accept that, but have you ever thought about how different the world of 2015 is from even the world of 1999?
The key is the world is always changing and it always will. We have a tendency to think we are individually unique and special, to some degree we are, yet there are constants that connect all of us in both space and time, within the human condition.
The cave man, the pre industrial man and the 19th century farmer all seem very different from each other and from ourselves. In the end though the most overriding factors in their lives and our own, are identical. They are simply,
- Create security
- Adapt as Necessary
- Question things and gain knowledge
- Be part of a family
- Belong to a community or to communities
- Innovate and profit (profit simply means to gain)
- To have a sense of Purpose
- To understand the Past (how did I/we get here)
- Looking to the future (where are I/we going)
The concept of Modern Survivalism is based on material things like planning, emergency supplies, storing food, developing skills and many other things we physically do. But it is even more about how to think, solve problems, understand your world, adapt to change and manage to thrive as families and communities, in spite of a shifting world. Today we take a “big picture look” at those concepts.
We will look at many of the coming shifts in our society, that indeed are unique to our time. Yet we will view these shifts in the lens of modern survivalism and ask how our universal human nature can aid us in adjusting to them and even profiting from them.
Join Us Today As We Discuss…
- What are some of the biggest trends in our current shifting society
- Government Growth and Intrusion
- Automation and Job Elimination
- Crypto Currencies
- The Virtual Nation Concept (new tribalism)
- eBooks and all digital means of information distribution
- What we can do to profit from and adapt to these shifts
- First and foremost accept “shift happens”
- Ask what you would do if God commanded you to be happy
- Take from that which is good and make it your own
- Establish beach heads of liberty – based on your personal passions
- Create your own opportunities
- Profit from “nostalgic blow back”
- Focus only on what you can influence
- Be a life long learner, never confusing education with “school”
- Question everything which causes your to react in any way
- Then require yourself to find logical answers to your own questions
- Choose your fights as in the “Art of War” – “To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.”
- Remember no one cares about you and yours as much as you and yours
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Pre Register for the Plant Propagation Course
- The Year 1498
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Fortress Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
Bob Wells Plant of the Week – BLENHEIM APRICOT – The Blenheim Apricot is highly adaptable from zone 5 to zone 9.
It is the most popular apricot in the United States. It’s considered to be the most flavorful, best tasting apricot in production. This medium to large, yellow skinned with orange blush apricot has superb flavor.
The Blenheim Apricot Tree ripens late June to early July and is self-fruitful. Estimated chilling requirement is 400-500 hours.
Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com Bob Wells Nursery specializes in anything edible: Fruit trees, Berry Plants, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Trees.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.