The word freedom has almost been risen to holy status in our society. You see people absolutely lose their minds if someone say burns a dime store flag that they personally paid for, because, “that flag symbolizes our freedom”, etc.
Our nation is touted as “the freest nation in the world” and anyone questioning the claim is shouted down and told nonsense like, “well then move to Somalia”. I am sorry but a person point out discrepancies and concerns about liberty is not told to just move to Somalia in a society that actually loves freedom.
In the end I don’t think the question is so easy to answer. On the surface, sure everyone yearns to be free, but do they really and how is freedom defined by those answering the question. We will examine this today and more.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- First let us acknowledge the places where we do tend to have more freedom
- The Right to Bare Arms
- Ability to Build a Business
- To Practice or Abstain from Religion
- Now let us define freedom
- What is pure freedom
- How do most people actually internally define freedom
- Understanding the conflict
- What real freedom means
- You have no right to anything rightfully acquired by another person
- No one should ever take away anything from anyone against their will
- You are solely responsible for your own needs
- You have no right to interfere with others actions unless they harm another
- So do you really want freedom?
- Proof that most people do not want freedom
- Legislation of subjective morality
- The most tyranny happens at low levels of government
- Massive support for compulsory education
- Over reaction to every tragedy
- How people act when you say, “I am not going to vote”
- Violent defense of the system they claim to hate
- The absolute rejection of Ron Paul
- Final thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1928
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Amazon
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Mamma’s Don’t Let Your Babies Grow up to be Cowboys – Waylon and Willie
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The S