For the last two years I have really been ready to get off of both Facebook and Twitter. I have not used google as a primary search engine for a very long time. For browsers I either use FireFox or Brave, google can shove Crome up its ass as can Apple do with safari.
I am not going to go into it but we have known all the major tech giants have been in bed with government and industry both for a long time, almost since the beginning. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, etc all admit being part of a government program to collect and analyze the data of the American people.
Then we can add censorship to this. While as a libertarian/agorist/voluntarist I feel any company has the absolute right to control what does and does not go on their platforms, it doesn’t make it right when they do it. And what they are doing now with thing like CoVid amounts to silence the truth in the name of preventing “dangerous disinformation”. Frankly I have had enough. Social media is really a great idea. It amounts only to an organized way for people to share information and build relationships. What has been done though amounts to an information rat trap, one easy to get out of. Well, easy if you are willing simply to turn your back and walk away that is.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- What it would look like if Facebook or Twitter were your boyfriend or girlfriend
- Why I am 100% out on Facebook now and won’t even do a middle ground like twitter
- Platforms and technology I am using now and what I like and dislike about them
- FireFox Browser
- Brave Browser
- Thoughts on encrypted email, etc.
- An honest question for libertarians/anarchist, do you really mean what you say when you say it?
- Does this all really matter, will it make a difference
- Can you really trust platforms like Parler or Gab
- In the end any platform is what users make of it, compare it to going to a bar or club – #tspfriends
- I have made my decision, it may cost me money but some things are more important
- What if you really can’t afford to lose money by leaving, well take only and give nothing back
- The issues with platforms like discord and Minds
- Why I am not going to go down the “build our own platform” road
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Open Road – Jude Cole
Links for My Profiles and Tech Platforms
- Jack on Parler
- Jack on MeWe
- Jack on Gab
- The Telegram App
- The ULG Telegram Group (won’t work unless the app is installed)
- My LBRY.tv Channel
- Get FireFox
- Get Brave
- DuckDuckGo FireFox Extension
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.