Today I received a question about something called BitNation you can learn more at bitnation.co. The crux of the question was, “what do you think of the concept”? My view of the concept is extremely positive, so far though my view of the execution of BitNation is pretty much summed up with a meh.
It seems the execution has not quite lived up to the story and well three of their critical founders quit right before they went to funding.
There is a story there too though. Many would look at this and say, see it doesn’t work, they failed. Well, first they haven’t failed, they really haven’t done much of anything. Secondly even if they and say ten others had failed by now, that doesn’t negate the concept, only the method.
Imagine if the first time their aircraft failed, the Wright brothers quit trying? Indeed I think it is the younger generation that should be leading the way with this concept and the problem is they don’t know a world where failure is acceptable. Perhaps they should all take a look at this video of early attempts by the US to launch rockets?
I think virtual nations and crypto currencies and the technology behind them will be critical to what we call in Permaculture, an alternative global nation, which isn’t anything it really sounds like. Smacks of evil “global government” right? No way, an alternative global nation, is about decentralizing everything, a new tribalism, local control, seems like a great way to run things to me.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- BitNation – what it has failed in my view
- Seemed more about funding then function
- Incomplete documentation let alone platform
- One personality trying to fully control it
- Profit motive vs. the motivations of profits
- What we can learn
- A virtual nation must be open source
- Any founder will have to be willing to step aside at anytime
- The technology must be developed first
- The idea still needs time to be accepted
- How a Virtual Nation could be a Literal Cloud City
- Uber has shown you can be in two places at once
- Blockchain tech can make anything public or private by design
- Education is the critical way to control or free a people
- Imagine “liberation permaculture” where you have virtual LETs
- State based contracts and conflict resolution are divisive
- What we can’t take back yet should not be an excuse for inaction
- Of course they will try to stop it, dude, its and insurrection
- How it could work
- Anarchism leadership, no “rulers”
- Profit is in using the platform not owning/controlling it
- To be blunt it must be built before they will come
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1561
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Backwoods Home – (sponsor of the day)
- The Duck Chronicles – Video Series
- Teens Sued for Anonymous Gift of Cookies
- My First Show on the Virtual Nation Concept
Bob Wells Plant of the Week – Choctaw Papershell Pecan Tree – It is adaptable from zone 6 to zone 9.
This pecan tree produces early in the season, and the shell is medium to soft. The Choctaw pecan is perfect as a commercial orchard tree. It is also an exceptional shade tree, and makes an outstanding edible producing yard tree.
These trees produce a very large papershell nut when grown under optimum climate and fertilization conditions. They are loaded with a nutty flavor that is crunchy to the taste. This is the type of Pecan you see sold at stands in the rural areas often purchased by passing tourists when “Pecan country”
Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com Bob Wells Nursery specializes in edible landscape: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Vine Fruit, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Trees.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.