Update – This Event is Now Full Stay Tuned for Future Events
These dates are not ideal I realize but things just worked out this way. I have notified all those who were on the waiting list and so far 6 of the 20 spots have been claimed so only 14 remain. Once they are full, they are full. If anyone manages to claim a spot after twenty are claimed your deposit will be refunded.
PLEASE DO NOT CLAIM A SPOT UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU CAN ATTEND THE 25 DOLLAR HOLD FEE IS JUST A TOKEN AMOUNT TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE SERIOUS WE REALLY DON’T WANT TO TURN ANYONE AWAY BECAUSE ANOTHER PERSON DIDN’T SHOW UP
All the details and instructions to sign up can be found in this PDF. Please read it fully before you sign up but here are the basics of the event. There is a link to sign up at the end of the PDF. Again please read it fully before you sign up.
Contour Based Wood Core Gardening Workshop
Location – The Azle Texas Area new Eagle Mountain Lake, address provided to confirmed attendees only.
Workshop Dates May 24th and 25
Property Open from the evening of May 23rd till the afternoon of May 26
Cost – $400.00 by PayPal or pay cash upon arrival and it is only $300.00 (A deposit of $25 dollars is required to hold your spot by PayPal) Yes I am giving a 100 dollar discount for those that pay the balance in cash, it’s not a typo.
Limited accommodations on site, details in the PDF
What this workshop will cover
- Site selection
- Use of rotary laser level to determine landscape contour
- Use of a A-Frame level for low tech contour based design
- The how, what and why of wood core beds (aka Hugelkultur)
- Dealing with first year nitrogen loss due to the carbon nitrogen cycles
- Inoculation with fungal inoculant
- Developing an underground shallow aquifer
- Why improving irrigation efficiency is critical to long term success
- Developing seed mixes and utilizing them for bed establishment
- Developing micro food forests inside a typical annual garden layout
- Choosing your plantings, setting first year expectations with this type of system
- And more
Join us for a fun learning experience. For this event we have a strict limit of 20 people. Sorry but spouses, children, etc. will all count and require a fee. This is our first workshop and we simply feel this is as many individuals as we can accommodate the first time around and do a good job for everyone involved.
There will also be a bonus, as we got a great rate on the mini excavator some work will also be done on our new 2700 square foot forest garden showcase. While we will not be planting this area some of the main frame rough in will be done and the master plan explained to all students.