Sam Coffman is the founder and director at The Human Path – a survival school in the central Texas area that teaches a wide array of skills. Such as urban and wilderness survival to wilderness first aid, tactics, tracking and naturalist studies, homesteading, intentional communities, tactics and self-defense, tracking, off-grid engineering, plant medicine and much more.
Sam is also co-founder of Herbal Medics – a non-profit organization with the goal of teaching and using plant medicine and self-sustainability concepts (off-grid engineering, in remote, post-disaster and inner-city areas. Sam’s medical background started as a U.S. Special Forces (a.k.a. “Green Beret”) medic in 1989, during which time he began learning and using plant medicine as a backup form of medicine in remote and field environments.
Since that time, aside from 1000′s of clinical hours in the field and emergency rooms as a Special Forces Medic, he has also worked as a clinical herbalist and teacher. He currently directs courses at his survival and herbology school as well as leading clinical trips with his non-profit Herbal Medics which include his own integrated herbal medic teams, local doctors and naturopaths, as well as US allopathic surgeons, doctors, nurses, and medical students.
Sam Coffman grew up exploring and learning about wilderness camping and woodcraft at a very early age, as his family spent summers in isolated self-supporting wilderness camps due to his father’s job as a field geologist.
Additionally, he had an avid interest in martial arts from the age of 13. He has taught wilderness survival, tactics, self-defense and field medicine for the military as well as federal and local law enforcement agencies. With over 10 years in the military, Sam worked as a linguist (German), an interrogator and a Special Forces Medic.
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1228
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Shop for TSP Silver
- TSP Gear
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- The Human Path – Sam’s Site
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.