Today we are going to go over how to find, hire and manage a good financial adviser and make good financial planning part of your survival plan. One of my business mentors told me, “life is like a crap sandwich the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat”, there was wisdom there and I have always remembered it.
Tune in to today’s show to learn
- Why the best financial advisers won’t take the average person in fact they can’t
- The word you should use over and over when interviewing and talking to advisers
- How consumer level financial advisers are actually trained and why you need to know about it
- My personal view of what diversification means and how it differs from the buy and hold herd
- Why you must treat your adviser like an employee who works for you
- How to train your adviser to serve you the way you wish to be served
- How to show up to your first meeting with an adviser and “cut out the BS” up front
- What your adviser is responsible for and what you need to take responsibility for
- Why you may not want to do all of your investing in tax deferred retirement accounts
Remember this show is a discussion not a lecture. Comment, question and make suggestions.