This is a special episode as we go over 10 crops and 10 lessons that we can teach kids with a garden that are priceless beyond words. Tune in today to learn…
- How Radishes and Greens teach that what we do now matters
- How to use beans and peas to teach kids how plants “help” each other
- How Tomatoes, Squash and Peppers can build a community and teach sharing
- How Potatoes and Carrots teach that what you don’t see matters
- How Pumpkins teach us to create our own entertainment
With Gardening in General we talk about…
- How gardening teaches kids that food does not come from a store
- That the life in a seed applies to the entire world
- How the earth should be seen as a provider not a “resource”
- That hard work pays off
- That you can take care of yourself and others
This is a shorter show then normal but I think it may be one of the best so far. We need to realize that survival preparedness is best done by blending it with life on a day to day basis. To survive we need to also ensure the survival of the next generations.
I would love to hear your stories about what you learned about from gardening with parents or grandparents and what these lessons mean to you. Or what other lessons do you think we learn from gardening. Remember to make suggestion and comment.
If you haven’t yet joined our listener appreciation contest, please do so. Help tell others about us and you could win an iPod Nano or other cool prize.