Today on The Survival Podcast I take your calls on energy, back up power, propane, business, urban prepping, livestock, cooking, permaculture, wine making, hunting and more.
Remember to be on a show like this one just pick up your phone and call 866-65-THINK. The best way to improve your chances of being on the air is ask your question or make your point up front, then provide details.
Also please do your best to call from a quiet area with a good connection and speak up so you can be well heard. I can’t put all calls on the air but I do my best to get many of them on.
Join Me Today As I Respond to Your Calls and Discuss…
- Kerry Davis officially joins the expert council
- When does micro hydro make sense
- Thoughts on chop and drop with annuals
- Using propane, how safe is it, how awesome is it
- Thoughts on finding health care coverage when moving to a new state
- How much fat is enough, how much fat is too much in regard to paleo
- How to deal with armadillos with out killing them if typical traps are not working
- How to convince a spouse to plant a useful vs. a useless tree
- Getting started hunting for a complete newbie
- Why haven’t I started raising quail yet, and will I
- Special considerations for urban preppers
- Advice for a first time wine maker on plum wine
- Another look at last weeks question on recharging batteries
- Best options for a temporary grill and why a rocket stove isn’t the way to go
- Is synthetic oil worth the extra cost
- Will Google’s encryption aid with hindering NSA monitoring, um no!
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1211
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Shop for TSP Silver
- TSP Gear
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- Weber Kettle Grills
- Episode-495- The Unique Needs of the Urban and Suburban Prepper
- Episode-1130- All About Urban Homesteading
- Battery1234 Everything you need to build battery back up systems like I discussed today.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.