Marjory Wildcraft of BackYardFoodProduction.com joins us today to discuss building local communities. Many preppers and survivalists are naturally individualistic people. In some ways this is great and it is what gives us the can do and can survive spirit.
In the end though the old saying is true, “no man is an island” and our self reliance is actually stronger if we can develop a strong local community of like minded individuals.
Many members of the audience have struggled with doing this, tune in today and Marjory will give you passive methods that are simple surefire ways to connect with like minded people in your area.
Join me today as we discuss…
- Why do you need community?
- How communities increase your standard of living
- Security advantages of a community
- How community building is effective ‘insurance’
- Using entertainment and education to foster and build community
- Finding folks already living the lifestyle
- Teaching those who are interested
- Attracting people to your neighborhood with common values
- Running workshops focusing on skills
- Plugging into existing networks
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Emergency Essentials – (sponsor of the day)
- Common Sense Prep – (sponsor of the day)
- BackYardFoodProduction.com – Marjory’s Website, make sure to get her newsletter.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.