In the event of a disaster should you bug in or bug out (shelter in place or evacuate) is a big topic in many forums, email lists and among modern survivalists in general. There are times when the question is easy to answer and times when it can be difficult. The key is your life and the lives of those you love can hang in the balance of this decision so today we discuss 12 question to ask before you have to make the decision.
Tune in today as we consider the following questions…
- Which choice gives you the best chance of survival for the scenario at hand? (this is not always clear)
- How well prepared are you to bug in?
- What exactly are you prepared for? (a forest fire is far different from local rioting)
- Have evacuation orders been given?
- What is the nature and probable duration of the threat?
- Well staying put change anything as far as “saving your home”?
- Where will you go and how will you get there?
- Do you own a bug out location or have double up plans or no place to go at all?
- Will you be able to help your community if you stay?
- What will the impact of staying or going be on your family, can they handle what you can?
- What can you take with you and what must you leave behind?
- If you leave what exactly is waiting for you at your destination?
The time to answer these questions is not in the middle of a disaster but right now. At this point you can plan, form contingencies and be prepared for a variety of outcomes. That way if the day comes your mind is ready to act and you can make the best use of the resources you have. As always how you act and how you think is more important then your resources.
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Tea Party Silver – (sponsor of the day)
- LIFESAVER® Bottle 4000 – (sponsor of the day)
- Region 8’s Meet and Greet
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.