Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy (Joe and Amy Alton) are great friends of the TSP community and personal friends of the Spirko family. They have done some of the best work period in the medical prepping community.
Joe and Amy Alton are, by profession, a doctor and nurse practitioner who happen to be husband and wife. Lifelong board game enthusiasts, they are also specialists in disaster medical preparedness. As authors of the #1 Amazon bestseller in Survival Skills and Safety/First Aid “The Survival Medicine Handbook”, they have spoken in the U.S. and Europe on the topic of survival at numerous conferences and host a weekly podcast on all things survival on Blogtalk radio.
Their articles has been featured in leading survival magazines like Survival Quarterly, Survivalist, Self-Reliance Illustrated, and Backwoods Home, and their website at www.doomandbloom.net is one of the top survival websites on the internet. They are regular guests on radio and TV and have been featured in magazines from Mother Jones to Fortune. They have even been mentioned as “the real deal” in survival medicine in both non-fiction books (“The Simple Survival Smart Book” and “MAGS: The People Part of Prepping”) and apocalyptic fiction (“Expatriates” by James Wesley, Rawles).
Today they join us to discuss their new kickstarter for their new survival board game called, “Doom and Bloom Survival“.
NOTE SPECIAL OFFER FOR TSP FANS – Pledge $351 for fans of Jack Spirko and The Survival Podcast: Receive a copy of the game and a SPECIAL limited edition Jack Spirko Character Card with art by Kurt Miller to add to YOUR game! PLUS, all applicable stretch goal rewards will be yours! Estimated delivery: Sep 2014 Ships within the US only. Amy will also send you a discount code for 15% off items in their survival medical supply store.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1331
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Back Woods Home Magazine – (sponsor of the day)
- Mai Thai Coffee – (MSB Discounter of the day)
- Doom and Bloom Survival Kickstarter
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Steven Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
- John Pugliano – Investable Wealth – Investing and Finance
- Gary Collins – PrimalPowerMethod.com – Health and Nutrition (primal/paleo/etc)
- Michael Jordan – The Bee Whisper – All Things Bees
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.