I have done a series of YouTube Videos lately in addition to the podcast about “getting out of the cities”. It has occurred to me that one reason for the push back may be that a lot of new listeners and especially YouTube views likely think this is only about the riots.
Long term listeners know I have said basically the same thing since 2008 when I started TSP in June of that year. In other words I have been advising people to get out of these cities I refer to as “flash point cities” for over 12 years now. It is not about “running away” as some infer, it is about “running to something better”.
We will cover that today along with how recent developments make now the time to move in my opinion if you have any plans to do so in the next 10 years. Many in my view are about to find themselves stuck with under valued properties in under water mortgages. They will find even with this that their taxes are higher than ever.
Their cities will continue to decline in quality of life and their suburbs will be absorbed, rezoned and robbed of autonomy in the name of “Urban Renewal”. The limited land use freedoms you enjoy will shrink and this will all be while the cost of land and homes outside of these urban flash points will continue to increase in cost as they become more limited and more desirable. In other words many are sitting in the middle of a trap, a trap that is slowly closing. There is plenty of time to get out but many like the fly in a Venus Fly Trap, are confused by the very slow movement on the closing door. Much like the Fly Trap the last bit of closing will accelerate soon and clamp down.
Today I discuss this from the stand of our theme song I cowrote with Greg Yows, “The Revolution is You” and in particular the line in that song, “There’s a better way to do this”.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- There is nothing new in my message other than it’s urgency
- The false bravado and ego driven mantras and why they are dangerous to you
- Reasons to exit flash point cities that have little to do with the current riots
- Lack of land use freedom which will only get worse
- High taxes which will only get worse
- An ongoing migration of the most productive people already leaving
- A school system 100% bent on brain washing your children
- They have been in democrat control for 50-100 years, this is not going to change
- Agenda 21 is real, the plans they have will be enacted at a local level
- The state has shown you that it will not protect you or your property
- The restrictions of CoVid will remain even when the virus is gone
- There has never been a better time to move, and it will not get easier from here
- How to decide where to go
- The most important factor is the people around you
- The next most important factor (equal really) what do you want to do
- Many times a short move is enough, some states however should be abandoned IMHO
- Consider the potential for geographic arbitrage (real estate, taxes, etc)
- Check out the Free State Project
- Visit a location before targeting it
- Get involved with out communities on social media (Telegram, Freedom Cells, etc.)
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP 2020 Initial Announcement
- Move to the Country – Patrick Dolan
Prior Episodes on Moving to a New Property
- Finding the Right Property to Turn into a Homestead
- Finding a Remote Property (BOL)
- Finding that Rural Piece of Land
- House Hunting in a Buyers Market
- Waking to Freedom – Escaping the Rat Race
- Five Financial Landmines to Avoid when Buying Land
- Thoughts and Considerations When Moving to a New State
Social Media Connections
- Unloose the Goose Telegram Group (you must have telegram installed for this to work)
- The Survival Podcast Telegram Group (you must have telegram installed for this to work)
- The Survival Podcast Group on MeWe
- Follow Me on MeWe
- Follow Me on Parler – Use hashtag #tspfriends when you post to find other members of our community
- The TSPC Group on Gab
- My Gab Profile
- Establish a Freedom Cell
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.