I grew up with guns. Got my first BB gun from a grandfather at 7 and was running though the Florida swamps alone with it by 9. Moved to Pennsylvania at 12 and was turned loose alone with a 22 rifle and a 20 gauge shot gun, only conditions, do nothing stupid and pay for your own ammo with chores.
Shot my first deer with a bow that fall, another with a rifle that winter. I have a 22 I got that Christmas that likely had 100,000 rounds through it before I left for the Army at 17.
I learned the Army way of shooting next, qualified expert with the M16 and spent time shooting weapon like the M2, M60 and other fun stuff like the SAW. Left service and returned to PA for a bit, came to Texas and started collecting and shooting all types of guns.
In all of this it gets easy to forget there are 40 year old men that are even a little bit “country boy” types that have never owned a gun, perhaps never even fired one.
Today’s show is for that brand new gun owner, or the would be new gun owner. I want to help demystify things, I want to help avail fear and I want to help Barack Obama! What? LOL
See our current President is likely the all time best selling gun salesman in history. Every time he opens his mouth about taking away gun rights, sales go through the roof. Well he has about a year left, I hope to push his record over the top, to make sure that more Americans become new gun owners during his presidency than any three presidents in US history. And you thought anarchists were not interested in politics. Ha!
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Replacing fear with respect
- Defending a right by exercising a right
- Yes a gun is “dangerous” so are chain saws, cars and power tools
- Yes you very well may need a gun to defend yourself
- You likely won’t need a gun to defend yourself, you likely die young but have insurance anyway
- Trying to reach the reluctant spouse
- Go to a class on safety and shooting
- Explain your view
- Ignore the statistics battles, they are pointless
- At some point man the F up or woman the F up
- Yes women you should carry too if you can
- Getting started
- Get training
- Find mentors
- Go shoot rented guns
- In general start with long guns
- Learn gun functionality
- Learn gun maintenance
- Develop protocols and procedures
- My basic gun battery and the reasons for it
- A 22 rifle
- A center fire rifle
- A 22 hand gun
- A center fire hand gun
- A shot gun
- Whatever you want and can afford
- Using airsoft as a training and practicing tool
- Loose the fear, seriously lose it, it is irrational and makes no sense
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1689
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Harvest Eating– (sponsor of the day)
- Backwoods Home – (sponsor of the day)
- Uber Driver Stops Mass Shooting in Chicago
- Armed Assistant Principle Stops School Shooting
- 12 Times Armed Citizens Stopped Mass Shootings
- Granddaddy’s Gun – Aaron Lewis
Bob Wells Plant of the Week – Flavor King Pluot The Flavor King is adaptable from zone 6 to zone 10.
It is a cross between a Plum and an Apricot. It only requires 400 chill hours and ripens late July. It has sensational sweet flavor with reddish-purple skin and crimson flesh.
Bob Wells Nursery specializes in edible landscape plants and trees including: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Vine Fruit, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Trees. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24.