Aaron Batteen is a full time working student studying economics at Boise State University.
He is also the author of a blog called Laymanomics.com where he breaks down complex economic concepts into every day layman terminology.
Aaron has done extensive research into the economic future of farmland and other productive land as an investment.
Today Arron and I examine this concept from several angles including, institutional investor, small time investor, homesteader, gentleman farmer and several others.
Join Us Today as We Discuss…
- What’s going on with farmland from an investment stand point
- How do we determine the value of farmland
- Why is it a mistake to just say “farmland” as though it is a single commodity
- What is the future for farmland from a value perspective
- What makes farmland different from other real estate
- How can individuals invest in farmland without millions of dollars
- How is homesteading actually a “investment in productive land”
- Are we seeing a return of the “gentleman farmer”
- What are some of the best areas to acquire land
- What are some of the worst areas to acquire land
- Is farmland in a bubble or is that an over simplification
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Copper
- Join Our Forum
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Laymanomics.com – Aarons Blog
- Aaron on Facebook
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.