By the time our children are in high school today they should be getting what I consider to be a basic financial education. In fact our citizens in college today don’t get this education unless they specialize in economics or finance and even then it is slanted to the “Statist” or “Keynesian” model.
Join me today as we discuss the following…
- What is money?
- What is a backed currency?
- What is a “fiat currency”?
- Why does money exist?
- What is M0, M1, M2 and M3?
- What is inflation?
- What is debt?
- Can a currency also be a debt?
- How are U.S. Dollars created?
- What is fractional reserve?
- How do banks create additional money?
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- The Berkey Guy - (sponsor of the day)
- Backyard Food Production – (sponsor of the day)
- Wiki Article on the Federal Reserve – with the quote I gave today
- Chris Martenson on how the Fed Creates Money
- Chris Martenson on how banks create money
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.