Many are shocked by what is going on in Baltimore, sadly I am not. Many are even more shocked at the massive disconnect in opinions of Americans across the nation, how split they are and in many cases largely not divided on racial lines, I am not surprised by this either.
Right now in social media we have three primary responses
- People calling for shooting all rioters, cloaked often with phrases like “crack down”
- People cheering the rioters on as some sort of “freedom fighters” and encouraging attacks on the police
- People delineating between “peaceful protesters” and “thugs” and calling for peace
Most people without charged emotions want to fall into the third category, the problem is things are not that simple. My view is unless a series of serious discussions take place soon, more such riots will occur. The follow additional things will occur as well.
- Many people backing the protesters from afar will call for crack downs when it is their back yard
- The crack downs will happen, HARD and likely spur more resistance in other locations
- All of this will advance the police state agenda, no good will come of it
- Eventually civilians will start intervening, this could spiral into an internal war (race not being the only core issue)
- Then the bigger crack down will come, many cities may be damaged beyond repair and abandoned
- Economic turmoil will be caused but not a “big crash” just another valley that profits the elite
- As order is restored, more liberty will fall and many will cheer as it does
Notice that I said, “My view is unless a series of serious discussions take place soon, more such riots will occur.” Well sadly that bullet point formula is why such conversations won’t occur, in fact it is why government has at this point made it almost impossible for them to occur.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1566
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Duck Chronicles – Video Series
- Harvest Eating – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- The Story of Freddy Gray
- Of Course We Knew the Baltimore Riots Were Coming
Bob Wells Plant of the Week –
Chinquapin Nut Tree – The Chinqupin is adaptable from zone 5 to zone 9. It is is a subspecies of the Chestnut family. It grows as a small tree or bush. Chinquapins are delicious eaten right out of the burr in the fall.
Chinquapins have a single nut in the burr, unlike chestnuts that have nut divisions. They are understory trees that grow in our native forests specifically in wet woodlands of the South East. However, heavy logging throughout the U.S has made finding native chinquapins harder than ever. The chinquapin nut is excellent for fresh eating, roasting, or for wildlife food.
Bob Wells Nursery specializes in edible landscape: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Vine Fruit, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Trees. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.