Every day I bring you an item on Amazon that I personally use or has been purchased by many members of the audience and I have researched enough to recommend.
Today’s TSP Amazon Item of the day is Entsport Saltwater Fishing Pliers. Now given that 95% of my fishing is in fresh water you may wonder why I selected a salt water set as my go to. Well pliers are pliers to a degree if they are good ones anyway and have similar features. Yet something designed to hold up to salt water corrosion will do very well for the fresh water fisherman. I.E. they don’t rust easily or corrode easily.
I have tried out several brands and these are the best I have found. Like everything I review they are well reviewed and highly rated on Amazon, with 5 Stars total with 41 reviews and a FakeSpot.com Grade of an A.
Some of the features important to me on these include.
- The cutters are tungsten, hence they hold an edge a long time and don’t end up making cutting braid or wire a pain in the ass only a few weeks into fishing season.
- They have a sheath and a lanyard, bluntly I drop stuff and dropping stuff in 8 feet of water usually means it is gone. I also sit stuff down and lose it, not going to happen with these guys.
- The jaws are stainless steel and that means they won’t rust if you provide just minimal maintenance. The body is aluminum again big time resistance to corrosion and no rusting.
- They perform many functions, for instance see that little tooth at the tip of the jaw, that allows you to open split rings for rigging up different things.
- They are spring open designed, in other words when you pull them out they open with a tension spring, this makes doing things one handed a LOT easier.
In the end they are the best set of fishing pliers for the money and I think with just a bit of care they should last many many years. So check out the Entsport Saltwater Fishing Pliers and give you fishing kit an upgrade in 2017.
Remember you can always find all of our reviews at TspAz.com