In the movie the Matrix the hero Neo is offered a choice by his mentor Morpheus,
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.”
The issue is, once you take that red pill and wake up into reality, you can never go back. It is a fundamental change and the real horrors of the world along with the real beauty will forever be known to you. While we are not in a world run by machines and used as batteries the metaphor of the movie is quite fitting.
We live in a world where the masses are the tools of the elite, the controls are taxes, debt, consumerism, marketing, leveraged jealously, class warfare and false dichotomy. Once you see this, it is over, you can’t ever go back, just like Neo, take the red pill and you have made a permanent choice.
Then you have something interesting to contend with, the people around you are popping blue pills daily. Most people hear blue pill and think of viagra, though it wasn’t popular when the story was created. The most famous blue pill at the time the matrix was written, was, Valium. Think about that!
Today We Discuss The Real Zombie Apocalypse, The One In Progress…
- What is a zombie – this will shock you
- Why it is a good thing to be awake
- Why you should talk to the sleeping but not evangelize too much
- Why some won’t wake up, ever, and why you must accept that
- The truth about “the machine” and why you much change yourself
- The biggest lies used to control you
- Taxes are necessary
- Debt is good, it is a status symbol
- Having more things will make you happy
- What your neighbor has or does effects you
- The problems are all because of people who are different than you
- The are two distinct sides and you have chosen the right one
- What to do about it
- Accept that the machine exists, exist as apart from it as you can
- Focus first on your life, your families life, let the zombies sleep
- Zombies wake up slow, use pull vs. push marketing
- Know that what you do matters and act
- Prepare for disaster and enjoy life at the same time
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1214
- Members Support Brigade
- MSB Insider Video Series
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Shop for TSP Silver
- TSP Gear
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.