Today we take a look at several underrated permaculture options several from around the world and many from right here in the U.S. Each of these can be grown in most if not all of the U.S. and is highly disease and pest resistant.
Tune in today to hear about the following plants/shrubs/trees and how they can fit into your landscape and survival planning…
- Editable Dogwoods (Cornelian Cherry)
- Flower Quince
- European and Russian Strains of Mountain Ash
- The Paw Paw (how to get fruit in 2-4 years)
- The Aronia (productive US native mostly unknown)
- Honey Berry
- Sea Berry (or Sea Buckthorn)
- Mini Dwarf Apple Trees
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- Dirt Time 2009
- Lights Out Audio Preview
- Raintree’s Free Catalog
- 9 Free Permaculture Planting Catalogs
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.