Note – Today’s audio won’t be as high quality as it usually is, chalk it up to remote recording and the hotel rooms air conditioner.
There are five herbs that I feel should be in every garden. Weather you have a massive homestead garden that feeds the whole family or just a few pots on the back yard, everyone should be growing these five herbs.
All of them are well know, dried out old versions fill most spice racks, recipes call for a pinch here, a teaspoon there or sprinkle in a marinade.
Yet most modern Americans have no idea what real food cooked with healthy amounts of them tastes like
These Five Herbs are…
Additionally Garlic is a plant that everyone should grow but I feel most people are familiar with using it, it will however, come into play a lot in today’s episode.
Today will not just be a list of recipes using these herbs though, we will cover a ton of information on 5 herbs you thought were nothing but some dried up leaves in your spice drawer.
Today we will discuss…
- The 10 medicinal actions all the “Five Horseman” share
- Cooking with and using Basil
- Simply in salad
- Cooking with dill
- Anything and everything fish
- Clam dip
- Yogurt Dill Dressing
- Cooking with oregano
- Oregano, Basil, Garlic Grilling Oil
- Making bland spaghetti sauce awesome
- All soups try Zucchini-Sausage Soup
- Cooking with Rosemary
- Awesome breads
- Amazing Roasted Potatoes
- Rosemary Pepper Lamb
- Cooking with Parsley
- Soups and Stews – Use the stems
- Pancetta and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken
- The famous “Spirko Chicken”
- Some other herbs you should grow/cook with
- Keeping it simple, fun and without rules
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
- The Rachel Ray Chicken I mentioned – I like my simplified version better.
- The Cure is in the Oregano
- The Healing Power in Parsley
- Medicinal Uses of Rosemary
- Some info on Dill Including Medicinal Uses
- Basil as Medicine
- My 4 Part Series on Herbal Actions
- Members Support Brigade
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.