Today’s episode was created by the audience during a MeWe Monday chat. There are a few keys here. First we are not recreating the Bug Out Trailer series with Steven Harris, it is not an exhaustive list of everything you need to bug out to Tin Buck Two. This is designed to be stuff that can be in just about any vehicle at all times and yet you still have room for your groceries and your kids.
Next while two is one and one is none, we are not looking to over do redundancy here. So this list assumes you have a good BOB (72 hour kit) and that it goes in your vehicle when needed (most times) and that you also carry a reasonable EDC kit on your person. We also purposefully left out items like guns and ammo. This list is something that even a 17 year old girl really should have in her car and know how to use.
Some items are also more “kits” or groups of items or classifications of items as well. This is to make the list as universal as possible, and allow individual adaptation for your unique needs.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Facts about vehicles and why you should have preparedness items in them
- Most people spend about 18 hours a week in their vehicle, that is 12.5% of all hours in a week
- There are 6 million accidents a year in the US and about 4-6% of people are in a wreck per year
- The average vehicle is now 11.4 years old in the US
- The List of 25 Items from Yesterday’s MeWe Monday in No Particular Order
- Tire Kit (quality jack, lug wrench, compressor, plug kit, spare tire, etc.)
- Fuse Kit
- Basic Tool Kit (include a Multi Meter)
- Cell phone charging kit (cords, charger, back up battery)
- Child Care Items and or Dog/Pet Kit
- First Aid Kit
- Flashlights (at least one hands free)
- Weather Radio
- Road Flares or Signal Lights and Signaling Devices
- Lashing, Tying, Etc. Kit – Tape, Tie Wraps, Wire, Cordage, Velcro
- Spare Common Parts – Belts, hoses, etc.
- Fluids For Your Vehicle
- Extraction Kit
- Note pad and pens and pencils
- Jumper Cables and or jumper pack
- Extra food that is vehicle temps stable
- Tire billy, or some “club” that isn’t a club
- Stash of hidden cash
- Spare keys
- Documentation package
- Apps and the knowledge to use them (zello, glympse, etc.)
- Trash Bags
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Biltong for Breakfast
- The Legend of Wooley Swamp – Charlie Daniels Band
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.