Today we examine one of the main questions discussed in forums and news groups, which is a better survival tool, the 22 or the shotgun. Both have advantages and disadvantages join me today as we discuss some of them.
Join me today as we discuss…
- Why I hate the term “survival situation”
- What are you most likely to need a firearm for, food or defense
- How much weight and bulk are represented by 75 shot gun shells
- Which has greater “flexibility” the 22 or the shotgun, is that question relative to the situation
- Why the right tool for the right job is not always possible
- Which 22 rifle would I choose for a wilderness or defensive situation
- Why I still say to choose a bolt action for training
- Which shotguns top my list as the best utility tool for the job
- The real advantage of the semi auto shotgun and why it may never matter
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- The Lifesaver 4000 – (sponsor of the day)
- The Survival Seed Bank – (sponsor of the day)
- Lumbrazo.com – The gentleman that sent me the Wild Turkey print.
- The 7 Stove Shootout on Youtube
- Mastering the 22 Rifle (my eBook due out in about 3 weeks)
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.