Most of today’s show is a rebroadcast of 2008’s Christmas special. Today we pause and take a moment to reflect on Christmas and how it has become the Holiday we celebrate today. Many American’s have no idea just how Christmas became unique here in America, the role it played in bringing our nation together after two wars of independence and the civil war.
Christmas is special and a time to pause and reflect. Christmas is indeed a special time of year, today I will cover many aspects of it that may make this Christmas just a bit more special. There is also a full text transcription on of the non commercial portion of today’s show in the show notes below.
Tune in today to hear about…
- Christmas was banned in England at one time and even parts of America
- Early Americans didn’t really celebrate Christmas, (congress was in session on Dec 25th, 1789)
- In the early 1800s Christmas was a rowdy holiday spurred by class conflict, turmoil and unemployment
- In 1819, best-selling author Washington Irving wrote The Sketchbook of Geoffrey Crayon bringing us many “ancient customs”, he simply invented
- Leading up to the Civil War, Christmas was a “southern holiday” and Thanksgiving a “northern holiday”
- How Christmas and Thanksgiving together helped to heal a young America
- Today is a time to pause, reflect and just be, prepping, planning and stress will all wait patiently for you
- Different ending music for today’s show! The most beautiful version of Oh Holly Night I have ever heard, just pause, listen and realize what really matters while it plays.
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Written Transcript of Today’s Show (right click and save as for best results)
- Martina McBride Singing Oh Holly Night (song from the end of today’s show on Youtube)
- TSP’s Youtube Channel
Winners of the 13 in 13 Challenge
- 1st Place – Big Dan’s Ramblings – How and Why to use 13Skills.com
- 2nd Place – Nu Mu Pi Studios – 13Skills.com
- 3rd Place – Scary Dad – A Very Special Episode of Scary Dad
- 4th Place – Survival Punk – 13 in Thirteen: No Pain No Gain!
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.