My biggest goal at The Survival Podcast is the restoration of individual liberty to people. In order for this to happen the most important thing we can all develop and encourage in others is critical thinking.
Today I ask though, where did it go?
Personally government always discourages critical thinking, I mean just look at this film from the US Government about the Japanese from WWII propaganda.
What you say that is just a cartoon for kids? Really. Okay you keep believing that.
My point is actually that even though this is the case our people did have reasonable critical thinking skills until quite recently. Where did they go and how do we get them back?
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- What is critical thinking, what it is not
- Why that fallacy poster has caused more harm than good
- How do we actually engage in critical thinking, ask questions
- Does this even effect me, do I really care
- Can I influence this
- How is this influencing me, am I allowing it to do so
- What does this issue really mean
- Does this harm me or offer me any benefit
- Until those are answered it is not worth going forward now ask
- Does this claim make sense
- Does it fit with what I believe to be true
- Am I in fact blinded by perception bias
- Do I fully understand the claim or am I picking things to object to/agree with
- More questions
- Who benefits if I believe/discount this claim
- Who is the source in relation to that
- How will this knowledge change my life, my choices, etc.
- Final Thoughts
- Pushed information usually has an agenda
- Pulled information may also have an agenda but it also has value
- The key is mostly in deciding what our questions are, vs. being provided answers
- Kids actually love this, they always ask why, encourage it
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1674
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Safecastle Royal – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
- World Five For Fighting
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.