Note – If you send this show to a new listener and they want to skip the intro, have them jump to 11 minutes in.
This show is sort of a beginners show and also at the same time a whack the “experienced prepper” with the 2×4 of reality show. Recently we started doing the “Monday Prepper Scenario” and the entire point of it is a trickling in of the subject we will cover in depth today.
The truth is many people who fancy themselves preppers are not actually preparing for the most likely disasters and emergencies they will face. Additionally many people won’t prep at all because they consider “prepping” the realm of the mentally defunct on shows like “Doomsday Preppers”.
In both cases a focus on the extreme leads to a failure to plan for the likely.
Let’s look at it this way, here are some things that have happened to large numbers real people in the US since TSP started, just 6.5 years ago.
Things that Have Happened Recently
- Ice Storms
- Contaminated Water
- Riots in their Cities
- A massive recession
- A stock market crash
- A real estate market crash
Here are Some Things that Have not Happened
- A global pandemic killing 50% of the population
- An EMP destroying all electronics on the planet
- All the oil/coal/gas running out
- A meteor or comment strike
- The Zombie Apocalypse
- The complete and total collapse of the economy
Sadly many peppers are so worried about the things that have not happened their preps are full of holes in being prepared for what has happened and likely will happen again.
Join Me Today As We Discuss…
- Disaster probability vs. impact scale
- Disaster comonality
- Your 6 Primary Needs
- Food – Why 30 days is a great goal
- Water – You need more than you think
- Energy – there is only so much you can do, so do what you can
- Security – It isn’t just gear, it is protocol and procedures as well
- Shelter – Your house being destroyed may be the disaster
- Health and Sanitation – It is amazing what we take for granted
- The Secondary Needs – You Won’t Die Without it But Your Be Miserable
- A Path to Recovery
- A Sense of Normalcy
- Why not prepping for the basics is simply irresponsible behavior
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1437
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Great Big AgriTrue Contest
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Growing Your Own Groceries – (sponsor of the day)
- Battery1234.com – Everything You Didn’t Know you Wanted to Know about Battery Back Up Systems
- How to Fix a Gas Can
- MSB Sale
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.