Just a quick reminder that you have until Midnight central standard time on Friday the 21st to enter the contest and get your blog post to us. We will announce the winner on the Christmas eve show.
We have also added more prizes as promised thanks to Steven Harris, rather then distribute them among the top three winners we just created a 4th place prize as well. Here are the full details including the new prizes added to the mix.
1. Post on your blog or any blog you are a contributing member of about 13Skills.com be sure to link to the main page of the site and your personal profile page.
2. Explain the mission of the site, make sure to get across the concept of not just picking stuff and checking it off but actually stretching and challenging yourself in 2013 with either completely new skills or really making a big improvement in something you are already doing. For instance an experience shooter may make a goal to take 3 different professional training classes in 2013. Or perhaps to attend an Appleseed and qualify as a rifleman. The goal is to drive home the point that we can all add or drastically improve something.
3. Share your post on facebook and twitter and ask your followers and friends to share it as well.
4. Talk about your personal goals in the post, be personal and explain why you choose to work on two specific areas. Try to make this something that will relate to your readers beyond it just being a goals based site. Talk about what it will mean if you complete these things personally and how if you complete at least 13 serious goals in 2013 it will help you be more independent and self sufficient.
5. Discuss the need for restoring skills and knowledge to a nation that has forgotten how to fix things on our own, invent new things, build something rather that buy it, etc.
6. Bonus points are to be awarded for anything particularly awesome any individual comes up with. This is the x-factor you can add if you are creative.
Once you post has been made send an email to skillgirl @ 13skills.com with “13Skills Blog Contest” in the subject. Provide us with your name and shipping address in case you win, because hey you might and we have some great stuff to hand out. We also need you to include a link to your post so we can judge it for the contest.
The contest will run from now until Dec. 21st 2012 (yep doomsday but we think we will all still be here). Winners will be announced on air December 24th at the beginning of the 2012 Christmas Special. So what can you win, here is a start.
- First Prize – A complete large Kelly Kettle Stainless Steel Kit valued at over 100 dollars AND a copy of Lee Reich’s Book Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden AND a free Lifetime Membership in the MSB.
- Second Prize – A free Emberlit Stove (Stainless Steel Full Sized Model) valued at 39.95 AND a copy of Lee Reich’s Book Grow Fruit Naturally AND 3 free years of the MSB.
- Third Prize – A free copy of When Technology Fails by Matthew Stine AND a complete set of all the decals in the TSP gear shop AND one free year of the MSB.
- Fourth Prize – A complete set of solar energy books from Steven Harris’ USH2.com including Sunshine to Dollars AND The Complete Handbook of Solar Air Heating Systems AND Movable Insulation AND Solar Cookery (how to make and use a solar oven)
So get blogging, pay attention to all the bullet points and let us know when your post is up. Again be sure you like to both 13skills.com directly AND to your profile on 13Skills.com as well. In early January we are going to run a profile contest based on who submits the coolest profile so you non bloggers won’t be left out that time around.
With a 4th prize category your chances of winning are even better so give it a shot, we only have about a dozen entries so let’s just say your odds of winning are a lot higher then buying a scratch off ticket.