Time for a simple old school style TSP that is basically a chat with Jack. Today we take a look a what 2014 has in store for life at the TSP homestead. The first year here was mostly an infrastructure establishment phase. We installed swales and hugul beds. We also built facilities for our livestock, systems to move they though the land, etc. We installed garden ponds and many other systems.
The entire first year of establishment is actually available in a 90 minute video we filmed that you can find here. The key is the first year was like building the roads and bridges, 2014 is going to be more like when the houses, buildings and shops go in, metaphorically of course.
This year is going to be awesome, Josiah will be off building the flagship PermaEthos farm which will require at least one trip by me up there for a major earthworks course and installation. Other than that though Dorothy and I will be back to it just being the two of us and frankly even though we love Joe like family we are looking forward to it.
We are moving into a new phase, one of tweaking, edge expansion and management. Shifting from changing the landscape to working with it. Dorothy is even considering starting a small homestead business or businesses of her own.
Join Me Today As We Discuss…
- Once we plant 300 plus trees this week then what
- Plans for more mobile chicken fencing and a mobile coops
- Charly’s progress and the BS that a dog that kills a chicken must be beaten, etc.
- The geese “herd” is being expanded
- Ducks into the system
- A new “pond” near the big hen house how it will add to our system
- A new crop in the garden ponds, Chinese water chestnut
- This year we go big on perennial medicinal herbs
- Bees are coming, I have no idea what to do with them but I will figure it out
- Dorothy is considering an egg business, perhaps a plant business too
- Pasture restoration 2.0, one horse equals a LOT of poop and hay
- Final decision on the west pasture has yet to be made
- Plans for our future abundance
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1325
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Back Woods Home Magazine – (sponsor of the day)
- Primal Power Method – (MSB Discounter of the day)
- Source of Water Chestnut Croms
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Steven Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
- John Pugliano – Investable Wealth – Investing and Finance
- Gary Collins – PrimalPowerMethod.com – Health and Nutrition (primal/paleo/etc)
- Michael Jordan – The Bee Whisper – All Things Bees
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.