So we are very close to launching the new website for the 13 in 13 Challenge and we need your help.
Dorothy will be running the site and one of her first tasks is to put together a list of skills to seed the site with.
To accomplish this please comment here with skill you want on the initial list.
Before you do so PLEASE READ EACH OF THE FOLLOWING POINTS FULLY, thank you.
- If you don’t know what 13 in 13 is all about you can find the details here.
- Please DO NOT worry about some skills not getting on the list right away, users can add skills when they set up a profile, after it is approved by a moderator. So if you think of something down the line, there is nothing to worry about. This is a seed list, not a master list.
- VERY IMPORTANT – We want to keep skills at the macro level. So if you wanted to learn how to pressure can, you would just use “canning” as the top skill set. If you want hunt elk with a bow in 2013, the skill is simply archery. Now say someone else wants to learn to shoot a primitive bow, both members select archery, they will then define their own goals inside the top level skill. This will help us from having 5 billion skills with tons of duplication.
- If you are not sure about the last point, just take a guess and post what ever you are thinking of, Dorothy will make the call on what to combine or leave separate.
- Please don’t see this as creating any real limitation. Again each member can define the skill set goal as narrowly or broadly as they choose under they top level chose skill.
That is all for now, I am very excited about introducing everyone to the new website for the 13 Skills Challenge very soon.