Today I decided to continue on yesterday’s podcast about permaculture’s 5 zones and 7 layers and go over the 12 guiding principles of permacultre. I also expand each one and explain how they directly apply to the overriding concepts of modern survival philosophy.
Today we name Barack Obama assclown of the day for opposing offshore drilling for US oil by US companies but supporting funding a 2 billion dollar “loan” to Brazil so they can you guessed it, drill offshore in Brazil. We also name the Semper Fi fund as heroes of the day for the work they do for injured Marines.
Tune in today to hear the 12 Permaculture Design Principles and Alternative Views of Them…
- Observe and Interact – or – Be a Part of Things
- Catch and Store Energy – or – Be an Ant not a Grasshopper
- Obtain a Yield – or – Get an ROI on Your Efforts
- Apply Self Regulation and Accept Feedback – or – Don’t Kill the Golden Goose
- Use and Value Resources and Services – or -Be Efficient to Become Independent
- Produce No Waste – or – Make Use of Everything
- Design from Patterns to Details – or -Be an Artist and Step Back for a Longer View
- Integrate Rather than Segregate – or -Understand the Power of Teams
- Use Small and Slow Solutions – or – Focus On What You Can Do First
- Use and Value Diversity – or – Practice Risk Reduction
- Use Edges and Value the Marginal – or – Seek Alliances Not Conflicts
- use Creativity and Adapt to Change – or – Improvise, Adapt and Overcome
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- Dirt Time 2009
- Raintree’s Free Catalog
- 9 Free Permaculture Planting Catalogs
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.