I call myself a personal libertarian. What do I mean by that? I mean that I simply accept society isn’t ready for some of the changes I have experienced in my life, they are not ready to be responsible for themselves. Many people do want the governmetn to solve their problems.
I have seen it and not just from people living on welfare and off government jobs. I have had intelligent and fairly successful people look me strait in the eye and say things like, “well if the government isn’t there to pass laws and solve our problems why are they there”. That is indeed a great question, one we will answer today.
We will quickly though move from looking at how things should be to understanding how they are, from there we can determine how we can carve our own piece of libertarianism into our own lives.
Some might ask, “is this a survival topic”, I would say indeed. Firstly, it is a fact that many of us know what lies ahead, many of the things provided by government are going to fail in time, math says it is invertible. The middle class is being systematically slaughtered. At some point much of what we take for granted will not be available.
When this happens a year of rice, beans and freeze dried food is a great asset but a finite one. The reality is we all must begin a path to self sufficiency now, not wait for failure and then hope we have enough stuff stored up to make it until things return to normal. There have been countless shifts in society, stabilization always follows eventually but thing never “return to normal” as that would mean returning to the way they were.
There is no philosophy that leads faster to self reliance than libertarianism. There is no time to wait for others on it either, the time is now, today’s episode discusses my steps to attaining a personal libertarian life.
The Personal Libertarian Lifestyle
- Believe and do as you please (with in the law)
- Spread your belief by example, never with force
- Create independence from the systems
- Solve your own problems when ever you can, especially with neighbors
- If you vote, vote for what you believe in, not who you think can win
- Know why you believe what you believe
- Accept challenges to what you believe but require facts
- Never submit to government authority voluntarily (legally resist)
- Create your own systems, your own networks, etc.
- Value education and be a self directed learner at all times
- Let no man speak for you or put words in your mouth
- Accept that others many ignore, demean or attack you
- Debate ideas, do not ague the validity of the individual
- Remember no matter what anyone says, what you do matters
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Get TSP Silver
- TSP Gear
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- Win a Free Berkey
- Free State Project – (sponsor of the day)
- The Year 1199
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.